Monday, March 10, 2008

back in the saddle

Well, after two plus years of a hiatus from blogging I guess I am back. I really enjoyed writing but it became too time consuming. Do I have any more time now? No. Really, no!

I was having lunch with my friend Dave this afternoon and he encouraged me to start this up again. On the way home I realized that I haven't been in the "creating" mode lately. I used to do woodworking, and I created cabinetry and furniture. I used to play my drums and created my own sound (trust me it was my own, because no one else would have called it music). We are all created in God' image and I believe part of His image in me is that of creator. When I create I find myself shutting the world out.

I find myself just being. Not comparing. Not competing.

Just being exactly what God created me for. I start to find out WHO I am when I create. I look forward to finding out a little more about me and a lot more about God in this whole process. I don't want this to be about me in any way. I want it to be about finding God in everything.

How He shows Himself to us.

How He blesses us with beauty all around.

How He whispers to us in our thoughts, in our music, in our books, and in our relationships.

Happy to be back and looking forward to a wonderful journey.

No comments: